As part of its terms of references, the WHO Collaborating Centre for Health Promotion in Hospitals and Health Care in Vienna, Austria (WHO-CC-HPH), has the responsibility for developing the scientific program of the annual International Conferences on Health Promoting Hospitals and Health Services in co-operation with local hosts, WHO and other partners represented in the Scientific Committee. The WHO-CC-HPH will advise local organizers also concerning organization if needed.
For further information about the WHO-CC-HPH, please go to www.hph-hc.cc
The local host changes annually and has the main responsibility for all aspects concerning local conference organization (including organization of registration and accommodation of conference delegates, venues, social program). These responsibilities are coordinated by a Local Organizing Committee.
The main task of the Scientific Committee is to advise and consult the development of the Scientific Conference Program. This involves:
- feedback on program suggestions developed by the WHO-CC-HPH in close co-operation with the local host and WHO
- suggesting speakers, chairs, etc. for plenary and paper sessions
- screening of conference abstracts
- if possible, active roles at the conference, e.g. chairing of conference sessions
- if possible, participation at the conference and in an evaluation and planning meeting in the framework of the International Conference
The Scientific Committee is chaired by the WHO-CC-HPH and co-chaired by a representative of the local host. It is further composed of HPH Network and Taskforce coordinators, representatives of conference co-organizers as well as relevant WHO Collaborating Centres, and experts on the topic of the respective conference.
Organizations and networks with thematic links to HPH and / or to the specific topics of the annual conferences may be invited as co-organizers of the conference. Co-organizing organizations agree to support the conference by supporting program development, advertising the conference in their professional / thematic environment, and sometimes by taking over an active role at the conference, e.g. organize a conference workshop, chair a conference session.
Past co-organizers (in alphabetical order):
- Austrian Federal Ministry of Health and Women's Affairs (BMGF)
- European Association of Hospital Managers (EAHM)
- European Commission - DG SANCO (EC)
- European Hospital and Healthcare Federation (HOPE)
- European Network for Prevention and Health Promotion (EUROPREV)
- European Network of Smoke Free Hospitals and Health care services (ENSH)
- European Network on Workplace Health Promotion (WHP)
- International Alliance of Patients’ Organisations (IAPO)
- International Union for Health Promotion and Education (IUHPE)
- Permanent Working Group of European Junior Doctors (PWG)
- World Organization of Family Doctors (WONCA)